The Animal Book (Lonely Planet Kids)
5 out of 5 stars · 14 customer reviews
Book · Lonely Planet Kids, Ruth Martin (Hardcover - Sep 19, 2017)
Get ready for a walk on the wild side through every continent on Earth!
Kids can discover the animal kingdom like never before in Lonely Planet Kids' The Animal Book, a beautiful encyclopedia featuring over 100 incredible creatures, from the grey wolf and green anaconda, to the bald eagle and emperor penguin. Packed with facts and illustrations, it also explores our relationship with these animals and how we're affecting their lives and habitats, such as reindeer helping to deliver food for Arctic communities and elephants hunted for their tusks in Africa.
Animals are all around us, but sometimes we forget just how remarkable they are. With The Animal Book, kids can discover some of the world's most diverse and fascinating mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, insects and invertebrates, from those they can spot in their backyard to more endangered species in jungles, deserts and freezing oceans. They'll also learn about conservation efforts and how to help protect wildlife and the planet.
Dawn Cooper's wonderful illustrations are combined with fantastic photographs and expert authorship by Ruth Martin.
Organized by continent, The Animal Book covers:
- North & Central America
- South America
About Lonely Planet Kids: Come explore! Let's start an adventure. Lonely Planet Kids excites and educates children about the amazing world around them. Combining astonishing facts, quirky humor and eye-catching imagery, we ignite their curiosity and encourage them to discover more about our planet. Every book draws on our huge team of global experts to help share our continual fascination with what makes the world such a diverse and magnificent place-inspiring children at home and in school.
- The Big Earth Book (Lonely Planet Kids)
- The Travel Book: Mind-Blowing Stuff on Every Country in the World (Lonely Planet Kids)
- The Cities Book (Lonely Planet Kids)
- National Geographic Animal Encyclopedia: 2,500 Animals with Photos, Maps, and More! (Encyclopaedia)
- The Animal Book
- How Animals Build (Lonely Planet Kids)
- Atlas of Animal Adventures: A collection of nature's most unmissable events, epic migrations and extraordinary behaviours
- Let's Explore... Safari (Lonely Planet Kids)
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)
- Despicable Me 3